REMI VAUGHN (Producer/Writer/Director)
Remi Vaughn is a graduate of the National French School of Cinematography in Paris; she also has a B.A. in Mass Media & Film, a B.A. in Anglo-Saxon Literature, and an MBA in Financial Management & Information Technology. Throughout her career, Remi has worked for various media companies and organizations involved in visual arts:
- Antenne2 and TF1 (French TV stations): Editor, camera operator, and writer
- NPR: Sound editor, sound engineer, producer, and writer of documentaries
- PBS: Camera operator, AV board operator, and floor manager
- Theater: Lighting assistant
- NBC: News editor
- LA Radio Station: Advertising manager designing radio advertising campaigns (from creation to launch, including voice-overs, editing, and mixing)
- National French School of Cinematography: Production of films, documentaries, and commercials: Director, 1st and 2nd Assistant Director, Script Supervisor, Editor, and DP; also wrote, produced, and directed own short films as part of curriculum
- Production and post-production experience: war scenes, crime scenes, police action, green screen, VFX (2D and 3D) – demo reel and extracts of interviews available upon request
Remi, with her production company, Three Horizons Productions (THP), is involved in the writing, directing, and production of short films, music videos, commercials, corporate training videos, Public Service Announcements (PSAs), and documentaries. She has written several screenplays, which have received awards in international contests as well as receiving positive professional coverage reports. Remi also writes the marketing and publicity materials for all THP projects.
Remi has recently completed a short supernatural thriller, Out Of Focus (www.outoffocusmovie.com), filmed in the Phoenix metro area. She wrote, produced, and directed the film, which is an abridged version of the feature film. Out Of Focus has recently been accepted into the 2013 Cannes Short Film Corner. Remi and her team will be in Cannes to promote her next feature film project, The Kiss, a psychological horror thriller that just started pre-production.
In 2010, Remi was appointed as writer-producer on a not-for-profit documentary, Between Light and Darkness, about the lives of two young Afghan leaders determined to heal their nation from its perpetual cycle of hatred and violence. The distributor for this project is Moving Pictures Film & TV.
In addition to her creative experience, Ms. Vaughn has extensive management, financial and organizational experience working for the entertainment industry both in the U.S. and overseas. Ms. Vaughn is experienced in managing budgets and special projects in the $40-$50 million dollar range.
LUIS BOHORQUEZ (Producer/Cinematographer/VFX Supervisor)
Luis Bohorquez is a graduate of Art Center College of Design in California and has a B.F.A. in Film. Throughout his career, Luis has worked for various media companies and organizations including:
- A Priori: Producer, director, cinematographer, and editor
- Eureka Productions: Producer, cinematographer, and visual effects artist
- KAET, PBS Arizona: Editor
- KPNX, NBC Arizona: Producer, director, cinematographer, editor, and animator
- Odyssey Films: Producer and cinematographer
- Best Productions: Cinematographer and editor
- Motorola SPS: Editor, animator
- Cox Televideo Group: Producer, director, cinematographer, editor, and animator
- Trans Atlantic Pictures: Cinematographer
- Ogilvy & Mather: Cinematographer
Luis, with his production company, Three Horizons Productions (THP), is involved in the development, cinematography, and visual effects of short films, music videos, commercials, corporate training videos, Public Service Announcements (PSAs), and documentaries. As a producer, he has garnered several Telly and Addy awards for industrial and commercial projects respectively. Luis also helps develop the budgets and create marketing and public relations materials for all THP projects.
Luis has recently completed post-production on a short supernatural thriller, Out Of Focus (www.outoffocusmovie.com), filmed in the Phoenix metro area. He shot and supervised post-production on this abridged version of the feature film. Luis’s next feature film project is The Kiss, a psychological horror thriller that has just started pre-production.
Recently, Luis has been producing and directing a series of promotional and public relations projects for private schools in the San Diego area. The projects range from informational videos about the institutes and their programs, to “welcome videos” for students recently accepted for admission. Their success has lead to increases in student enrollments and heightened public awareness about the innovative educational programs available.
In addition to his filmmaking experience, Mr. Bohorquez is an accomplished educator with over fifteen years of experience, including co- founding the Film School at Scottsdale Community College, now recognized as one of the best two-year film programs in the United States. His educational aptitude has allowed him to teach a variety of courses including producing, cinematography, and visual effects. In addition, Luis has hands-on experience in managing large budgets and resources as well as procuring and maintaining multi-million dollar equipment inventories.
JIM AIKEN (Producer/Production Designer /Art Director)
As a Production Designer and Art Director, Jim Aiken has multiple feature films, short films, TV pilots, and TV commercials to his name. Jim comes from a painting and fine art background and his creative experience runs the gamut from traditional mediums and graphics design to set design and art direction. He has since built an extensive list of credits as a production designer on shorts, feature films, and TV shows including:
- Coyote Requiem (feature film) – Production Designer
- Suspicion (feature film) – Production Designer and Graphics Designer
- Everything’s Eventual (feature film) – Production Designer, and Art Director
- H.O.P.E. (television series) – Art Director
- Numerous short films, PSAs and commercials – Art Director and Graphics Designer
Jim’s experience on diverse multi-media productions has given him essential experience in budgeting and logistics – a nuts-and-bolts foundation for running a Production Design and Art Department. This hands-on creative experience has complemented his artistic background with the necessary practical knowledge required to achieve great designs on budget.
Jim, with his production company, Three Horizons Productions (THP), is involved in translating scripts from words on a page to visual form. He is responsible for creating and establishing the aesthetics of all THP productions, while providing directors and producers with realistic schedules and budgets.
Jim has recently completed post-production on a short supernatural thriller, Out Of Focus (www.outoffocusmovie.com), shot in the Phoenix metro area. Out Of Focus is the abridged version of a feature-length script that is currently being packaged for funding. During principal photography, Jim was the Production Designer/Art Director; in post-production, he was the Graphics Designer creating many of the 2D graphics required for the final look and feel of the film. Jim’s next feature film project is The Kiss, a psychological/horror thriller that has just started pre-production.
AUTUMN CARLTON (Associate Producer/Executive Coordinator)
Autumn Carlton has been working with Three Horizons Productions since 2008 in multiple roles including Production Manager (crew management, overseeing budget) on Out Of Focus and Proofreader/Editor for all marketing and blogging content. She is with boundless energy and get things done with great efficiency. Her drive and imagination has led to many problems being solved at lightning speed on and off set. She has a unique knack for finding just about anything on the Internet – data that has been used in scripts, multi-media projects, analysis of budgets and box office results, financial and funding packages, etc. Recently, she has taken on the role of coordinating THP’s first Supernatural Thriller Festival to take place in Phoenix, AZ in October 2013.
Other entertainment experience includes Universal Studios, Radio Express, Walt Disney Studios, and the Nederlander Theatre.
TONIA MADENFORD (Line Producer/Script Supervisor)
Tonia Madenford has over 100 credits to her name and is the driving force behind her independent film company Screen Addiction. She has produced groundbreaking films, documentaries, music videos, corporate industrials, and numerous TV commercials. Throughout her career, Tonia has worked with many “A-list” celebrities on projects that have been distributed by MTV, National Geographic, National Lampoon, Pay-Per-View, PBC, Sony Pictures, and Sunset Pictures.
Tonia has a degree in Motion Picture Production and a Recording Engineering Diploma. She is a member of multiple film associations and serves on the advisory boards for several feature films in development. She has received many honors for her projects, including five TELLY awards (TV awards), several film festival accolades, and ITVA (International Television Association) recognition. Tonia divides her time between working on major Hollywood studio pictures and developing independent features working in multiple positions mainly as a Producer, Production Manager, and Script Supervisor.
Tonia has consulted with Remi for Out Of Focus and is currently involved in packaging The Kiss leveraging her extensive network of contacts in the film and media industry to ensure the best crew possible is engaged for the project.
CRAIG CAMPOBASSO (Casting Director)
Fresh out of high school, California native Craig Campobasso found himself working behind the scenes for four years on Frank Herbert’s Dune. The father and daughter producing team, Dino and Raffaella De Laurentiis, and director David Lynch, were Craig’s mentors into the business of filmmaking. Raffaella later hired him on the popular Christmas movie Prancer, starring Sam Elliott, as a casting director after he apprenticed as a casting associate on Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories.
Craig has been casting for more than two decades and was nominated for an Emmy for casting David E. Kelly’s Picket Fences. He is also an acting coach in the Los Angeles area. Craig is currently seeking name talent for The Kiss.
OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
- Michael Pierce, Sales/Marketing Specialist
- Colette Finkbiner, Writer/Blogger
- Stephanie Hauser, VFX Compositor/Editor/Film Production
- Ben Chen, Social Media Specialist/Film Production
- Ciro Mennella, Event Photographer
- Leona Perez, Film Festival Logistics Coordinator
- Jake Ortiz, Camera Operator (graduate from Scottsdale Community College)
- Richard Mulvihill, Film Production Intern (ASU Film Program)
- Tim Page, Scriptwriting Intern (ASU Film Program)
- Chris Liguori, Film Production Intern (ASU Film Program)
- Matt Voirol, 3D Artist (graduate from Collins College)